This study tour supported by Voith provides World Hydropower Congress delegates with the opportunity to visit the Gaildorf hybrid power plant, Voith’s headquarters in Germany, and the Vianden pumped storage plant in Luxembourg.
Delegates can book a study tour when registering for the Congress.
The tour will start at Voith’s headquarters in Germany. Tour visitors will see Voith’s training centre, the Voith hydro manufacturing workshop, a StreamDiver, as well as the digital campus.
Gaildorf hybrid power plant
The tour continues at the Gaildorf wind-pumped storage hybrid power plant. It is the first plant of its kind worldwide. The first day ends with a short city tour through the beautiful old German town of Heidelberg.
Vianden pumped storage power plant
The second day will take participants to Luxembourg where they will see the Vianden pumped storage power plant. The plant feeds directly into the German electricity grid. This means that it is used as a flexible electricity storage system to regulate the grid as part of a transition process to renewable energy.
• Early morning flight from Paris CDG to Munich
• Visit of the Voith headquarters
• Visit of the Gaildorf hybrid power plant
• Short city tour, dinner and night in Heidelberg
• Visit of the Vianden pumped storage power plant
• Short city tour in Luxemburg
• Attention: the tour ends in Luxemburg
What is included in the price?
• Flight ticket to Munich and transfers onsite (transfers to Paris CDG airport must be organised
• Attention: travel from Luxemburg to Paris/your city of residency are not included and must be
• Breakfast (2), Lunch (2), Dinner (1)
• 1-night accommodation in Heidelberg
Exact times and meeting points will be communicated in early April.